Preparation is more than just having the latest & greatest gear available from the local sporting goods giant, or owning the most powerful (insert tool name here). It is more than having mass quantities of food, water, and other goods. It is a mindset. One needs to continually improve not just their supplies, but one needs to make great investment in themselves through continually learning new skills, expanding their knowledge, being observant and vigilant, and practicing their skills.
Outer Zone Overnight(TM) provides for the better preparation of its members in every way it can support.
- Improving one’s skills is preparation. O.Z.O. focuses on providing skills training and practice through its programs when possible at the lowest possible cost to members.
- Improving one’s knowledge is preparation. O.Z.O. does all that it can to provide education of various subject matters relative to urban evacuation and survival.
- Improving one’s inventories is preparation. O.Z.O. shares information on equipment, work together to make bulk buys, trade and service each others equipment, assist each other in building personal food and water supplies.
- Improving one’s physical capability and endurance is preparation. O.Z.O. members encourage each other to build up their tolerance to the ruggedness of the outer zone and it’s demands to survive.
- Improving the mindset is preparation. O.Z.O. does all that it can to provide a positive environment for members where diverse subject matter can be discussed respectfully, and scenario questions exchanged assist members in building leadership qualities.
Above: “Jen” preparing with physical conditioning.